Music City at Night

Music City at Night
Nashville: the City Where Some Dreams Begin and Others Die...

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Corb Lund: Pullin' Dragons from the Ground

Canadian blogger Deb recently had a post about how little most Americans know about Canada.

Did you know that voter concerns about bloated government, etc. have spread to Canada too and that in their most recent election, the Conservatives, who already controlled the executive office with Stephen Harper, now control Parliament as well? That's good news, IMHO.

Do you know a Canadian singer other than Shania Twain? I knew about Ian Tyson,and I also know about Stu Phillips because he now lives fairly close to me, but beyond that, not much else.

How about Corb Lund? Heard of him? His group is called the Hurtin' Albertans. Here's Lund's song, "Roughest Neck Around." Take a listen and tell me what you think.


I love that line "pulling dragons from the ground." I like this guy singing a lot and I'll post a couple more of his songs from youtube in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that Dan. Take "Truck Got Stuck" for a test drive. It came out about the same time as we were going through all that flooding that I posted about so it's relavent to me. :)

    ReplyDelete